Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am Leaving

Monday: April 7th, 2008

I had no idea the human heart could break like this. I watched mine do that very thing today. It shattered into tiny little pieces, and, I am still picking them up. Among the shards, I am finding pieces of his. They look the same, almost; his are a little redder than mine. I wanted so badly to keep it together, to stay with him, but, in order for him to become more than what he is, I had to leave him. Being a pillar for someone, it is hard. It hurts. In the end, you crumble.

God, it hurts so fucking much.

I did the hardest thing that anyone could do in his or her lives.

I don’t know if I can survive it…

In the end, I know things will get better. The sun will shine again. Everything will be warm once more, but, for now, the clouds and pale winter fields will suite me just fine.

No comments: