Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Common Sense Ye Be Lacking

from December Twenty - Third, Two Thousand and Seven

It never ceases to amaze me. Every time I come back to work at the diner, I am reminded of how much I hate the people that come in and the common sense that they lack. Sure, maybe that does sound a little harsh, and maybe my view on people is a little skewed. I'm willing to admit that. This time of year always makes me angry when working. I thought it was the holiday of good will towards men. I suppose not.

A woman (I hope that you read this one day and realize what a royal pain you are) called the diner asking if it was possible for us to reserve a few table for her and a party of ten people. Mind you this is in the middle of the lunch hour. I told her, I am sorry but we do not take reservations. However, AT THIS MOMENT we are not busy so if you WANT to come in, it should not be a problem. Said what was needed to be said and hung up on her, politely. Getting busy at that point tends to put things out of your mind.

Lo and behold about ten minutes later, the large part shows up and the woman starts LECTURING me that what I said on the phone was not nice and that they have elderly and children in their group who are hungry and they come to the diner all the time. Now, not only is this woman reiterating what she originally began with when she first started, but she is also trying to guilt trip me. No offense people, but that shit doesn't work on me. Youngest in my family and I have a lot of small cousins. I dare you to try it. They got seated within two minutes of coming in, but unfortunately they believed to be the only people in the diner. Common sense, come on people, is it that hard to apply??

No comments: